1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies may be either "persistent" cookies or "session" cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the visitor before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the visitor session, when the web browser is closed.
3. WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DOES FREEWAY USE?
Freeway uses the following types of cookies on its website:
- Functional cookies: these cookies are essential in order to ensure that this website operates properly. They are used to save preferences, detect misuse of our website and services and to distribute the load on our servers, which keeps our website available. Certain services you requested cannot be provided without these cookies.
- Web statistics cookies: these cookies are used to determine which parts of this website visitors are most interested in. This enables us to make the structure, navigation, and content of our website as user friendly as possible. Specifically, these cookies are used to (i) keep track of the number of visitors to our web pages; (ii) keep track of the amount of time each user spends on our web pages; (iii) determine the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website; (iv) assess which parts of the website need to be changed; and (v) optimise the website. Software from third parties (such as Google Analytics) may be used for these purposes.
4. WHAT DOES FREEWAY DO WITH THE COOKIES?
Freeway uses the cookies for various reasons:
- to study how users or group of users use the website, so that Freeway can improve the website;
- to be able to inform you better of Freeway services;
- to make analyses for research and statistics;
- to improve the website, making it easier for you to find what you are looking for; and
- to remember your settings and preferences. This makes your subsequent visits to the website easier.
5. HOW CAN I ACCEPT COOKIES?
You can accept cookies by clicking the Accept All Cookies button on the cookie pop up that is shown on the home page of this website. The next time that you will visit the website, the cookie pop up will not be showed.
6. WHAT AM I ACCEPTING IF I ACCEPT COOKIES?
7. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
If you do not want our website to store cookies on your device, you can change your browser settings so that you receive a warning before certain cookies are stored. You can also adjust your settings so that your browser refuses most of our cookies or only certain cookies from third parties. You can also withdraw your consent to cookies by deleting the cookies that have already been stored.
Please be aware that if you do not want to accept any cookies, we cannot guarantee that our website will function properly. It may be that several functions will be unavailable to you or that you will even be unable to view certain parts of the website.
Please note that you will have to change your settings for each browser and device you use. Moreover, such methods will not work with respect to certain non-cookie online tracking technologies.
The procedures for changing your settings and cookies differ from browser to browser. If necessary, use the help function on your browser or go to the user manual for your browser.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you. To find out more about cookies, visit https://cookiepedia.co.uk/giving-consent-to-cookies.